Over the next few days we are going to go over some of the different
“spiritual/soul connections” that have been explored over time. I will
discuss one each day over the next three days. The three most prevalent
soul connections are: soul mates, twin souls and twin flames.
There are two types of people in the world today; the people that
truly believe, from the bottom of their very hearts that there is
one person out there that will be their #1, the yin to their yang,
the person that will complete them and love them unconditionally
just the way they are.
Can believing in a soul mate make life more exciting and thrilling or
can it lead to a world of hurt if we never find that “one” and spend
our lives on an endless search for someone more?
Conversely if we only relate to our possible lovers with an air of
superficiality then the magic has been extinguished before it can
begin. We are living in a constant state of numbness. Is that
How do we navigate the feelings we have when we meet a person
that we deeply connect to? Are the feelings deep love, lust,
like, nurturing…How do we know?
Fear has a tendency to stifle many of our feelings and twist them
into a salty pretzel of confusion and denial-resulting in us stumbling
through life with a blindfold on and no love direction.
The pure excitement of navigating a new relationship can leave
some craving that initial feeling and lead to a life of constant
one night stands or quickie relationships.
A relationship that makes us feel alive and truly ourselves is what
we all strive to find in our lifetime-but in order to find that it
seems we must first love ourselves unconditionally so we are not
always reaching out for someone else to define us and fill the voids
that we have within.
The first soul connection lesson is about soul mates:
Throughout history philosophers like Plato and Edgar Cayce
have used the term soul mates to tell stories that describe
and explain that feeling of deep connection that traditionally
a man and woman feel to one another.
The term soul mates has now evolved to break through gender
roles-one can deeply love anyone else regardless of gender or sexual
A soulmate is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity. This may involve similarity, love, romance,friendship, intimacy, sexuality, sexual activity, spirituality, or compatibility and trust.
Here is a list taken from The Huffington Post: The 10 Elements of a Soul Mate
The 10 Elements of a Soulmate:
1. It’s something inside. Describing how a soulmate makes you feel is difficult. It’s a tenacious, profound and lingering emotion which no words can encompass.
2. Flashbacks. If your partner is your soulmate, chances are he or she has been present in your past lives. Soulmates often choose to come back together during the same lifetime and scope each other out in the big world. You might suddenly and briefly experience flashbacks of your soulmate. You might even feel an odd sense of déjà vu, as if the moment in time has already taken place, perhaps a long time ago, perhaps in a different setting.
3. You just get each other. Ever met two people who finsh each other’s sentences? Some people call that spending too much time together, but I call it a soulmate connection. You might experience this with your best friend or your mother, but it is the telltale sign of a soulmate when you experience it with your partner.
4. You fall in love with his (or her) flaws. No relationship is perfect, and even soulmate relationships will experience ups and downs. Still, that bond will be much harder to break. Soulmates have an easier time of accepting, even learning to love, each other’s imperfections. Your relationship is more likely to be a soulmate match if you both love each other exactly as you each are, accepting both the great and awful tendencies we all have.
5. It’s intense. A soulmate relationship may be more intense than normal relationships, in both good and sometimes bad ways. The most important thing is that, even during negative episodes, you’re focused on resolving the problem and can see beyond the bad moment.
6. You two against the world. Soulmates often see their relationship as “us against the world.” They feel so linked together that they’re ready and willing to take on any feat of life, so long as they have their soulmate by their side. Soulmate relationships are founded on compromise and unity above all else.
7. You’re mentally inseparable. Soulmates often have a mental connection similar to twins. They might pick up the phone to call each other at the exact same time. Though life may keep you apart at times, your minds will always be in tune if you are soulmates.
8. You feel secure and protected. Regardless of the gender of your partner, he or she should always make you feel secure and protected. This means that if you’re a man, yes, your woman should make you feel protected, too! Your soulmate will make you feel like you have a guardian angel by your side. A person who plays on your insecurities, whether consciously or subconsciously, is not your soulmate.
9. You can’t imagine your life without him (or her). A soulmate is not someone you can walk away from that easily. It is someone you can’t imagine being without, a person you believe is worth sticking with and fighting for.
10. You look each other in the eye. Soulmates have a tendency to look into each other’s eyes when speaking more often than ordinary couples. It comes naturally from the deep-seated connection between them. Looking a person in the eye when speaking denotes a high level of comfort and confidence.
Whether you’re designed by the universe to be soulmates or two loving people who have settled for each other’s strengths and weaknesses, the decision is yours. The beauty of free will is that you can remain in or change any relationship as you see fit. To be with your soulmate is one of the precious treasures of life. And if you feel you’ve found your heart’s other half, I wish you endless days of joy and laughter, and countless nights of deep embrace, unraveling the mysteries of the universe one by one.
Dr. Carmen Harra
Journal Entry: Do you believe in soul mates? Have you ever had such a deep spiritual
or soul connection with someone that you can’t deny there is something more to
it then the superficial? How did you feel? What was your perception of what a
soul mate was before learning more? What is your perception now?
Another Awesome Talk by Teal Swan
Another Awesome Talk by Infinite Waters
Peace, Love & Namaste Em